It’s an exciting day for us today here at Nextpoint. We’re excited to be announcing our new product lines and the pricing.
But more important than that, we’re excited because we believe these products represent a breakthrough set of technologies, offered at a breakthrough price. The same great technology we’ve been developing for and providing to leading companies and law firms is packaged and priced so anyone can buy it. And we mean anyone.
What’s the price?
Native file processing as low as $50 to $250 per GB, including a free month of storage. Review, preparation and presentation platforms at $50/GB, and an archival storage cost of $10/GB.
It’s a price at which any size corporation or law firm, from 1 lawyer to 1000 lawyers, can get great, defensible litigation technology to build work flows, procedures, and best practices around. It’s a price at which lawyers and law firms can stop worrying about what they are going to do with data and get back to being lawyers.
It’s a price at which anyone handy with a computer – lawyers, paralegals, consultants, IT support staff – can process, review, prepare and present large volumes of electronic data quickly and easily with no upfront investment, with no installation required, and at a great price. It’s a great value.
Why This Price?
It’s simple. Because we can do it and still be profitable. And that feels right. Not a predatory profit, but a fair and right deal. A deal that makes sense for both us and our customers. Isn’t that what being in business is about?
Our customers need this pricing. The legal process is demanding this pricing. The merits of cases are being ignored because of the costs. It’s crazy. And we can do something about it.
Why this price? Because it feels right for our customers – both our existing ones and the future ones.
Couldn’t you charge more?
A question many people have asked me who got a sneak peak. The answer is yes of course. But we don’t because of innovation. When great innovation does what it does – make heavy lifting not so heavy, make things faster, better, and easier – that drives costs down. Always has and always will.
So we could charge $1000/GB, but our technology is better than that. It’s way better. The challenge is to get an industry that associates higher price with better quality to learn that technology works differently. True technology breakthroughs make things less expensive, not more expensive. It has been the major problem with legal technology for the last 20 years – it has had the perverse effect of making the process more expensive and difficult rather than easier and less expensive.
How is it possible reviewing a native word processing document is more expensive than copying, scanning, ocr’ing and coding a typewritten letter? It makes no sense. I’ve heard lawyers say it’s cheaper in paper. How is that possible?
It is time for a change.
What is it?
Nextpoint delivers four applications for each step in the litigation process:
- A processing engine and storage cloud
- A document review platform
- A trial preparation platform
- A set of trial presentation tools
What is guiding the development?
These products have been developed around certain core values — not feature sets. Here are the values that drove our development.
- Designed to address the every day needs of lawyers in organizing electronic data
- Easy to use and self-service so people can help themselves
- Simple set up without requiring any IT support to get started
- Flexible enough for any phase of litigation, and powerful enough for every phase of litigation
- The data should be integrated in a systematic way
What does it mean for me?
- Great litigation technology that gives you command of your evidence.
- A great value, that’s core to every objective we set out to achieve above
- Powerful functionality that is already meeting the needs of leading companies and law firms are already using us on a daily basis.
- Web-based, meaning no IT support required. A huge cost savings. A huge time savings. A huge hassle savings.
- Easy entry and easy exit – user facing import/export tools mean our customers control their data and where it goes, not us. It’s their data after all.
- World class customer support – it’s central to everything we do.
So if you’ve been wondering what Nextpoint is all about, we hope you sign up and give us a try. We think you’ll find what our existing customers already know – we are a great value because we help them get back to doing what they love – practicing law.